Our clients sometimes struggle with creating a name for their online business. Here is our collective name finding technique. A process that is fun and gets results.
- Find a lot of words you like in context to your project.
I often use an online thesaurus for this: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/joy
- Collect all your suggestions – you could use google docs for this. Here is an example.
Set up a doc. Invite your team members / stake holders to add words.
Set the type fairly large – I use the subheading (H2) style for this. It also gives you good line space.
- When you’ve got enough: Print (3 copies)
- Cut individual words into snippets
- Meet as a group
- Jumble words around on a table (Alcohol optional)
- Note down your favourite combinations.
- Set up a little survey and let friends rank your ideas.
This naming technique encourages lateral thinking and makes you look at word combinations in a fresh way.